If you’re a small business, and the majority, if not all your customers are from the city your business is located in, then you can reap the benefits of local SEO. Local SEO will help grow your business by bringing you more customers from your targeted area, making the leads you attract much more likely to purchase from you.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a term we use when we perform services with the goal of attracting local customers. Local meaning in a small area like a city or small group of cities. Local SEO tactics might include but are not limited to listing your website on directories like Yelp, Google, Bing, and Yellowbook. Still don’t get it? Local SEO is like listing your business in the yellow pages, only now its done all online and we don’t just list you in the yellow pages we can list you on multiple sites.
How Does Local SEO Help You Grow Your Business?
That’s a great question. Local SEO will grow your business by making your business easily found on the internet. That way if someone is interested in your services or products, your website and correct information shows up.
Why Should You Consider Getting Help With Local SEO?
Believe it or not it is highly likely that your small business is already on some of the major local listing sites, however what most business owners don’t realize is that their business listings might be wrong. Almost every new customer our office sees has issues with their listings.
Some of these problems include:
- Wrong Physical Address
- Wrong Email Address
- Wrong Website Address
- Wrong Phone Numbers
- Duplicate Listings for One Business
- Old & Outdated Information About the Business
- Outdated Photos
An agency that provides SEO services can help you clean up your listings and make sure you're on the most influential listings for SEO. It will make sure your listings are accurate, update the information, keyword your descriptions for higher rankings in search, and make sure your business's photos, videos, and logo are current.
Reasons You Should Never Work On Your Own Local SEO:
While we love our clients, we are all too aware of what can happen when a business owner tries to dabble in the world of Local SEO. In the end, they end up spending more money to fix the issues they created than they would have if they had just come to us first.
Here are a few tips in case you try to update your listing without our help:
- If you create a YouTube Channel, Google will automatically create a Google+ for you under the same email you used to sign up at YouTube. We often see companies with 3-4 different Google+ accounts and no one remembers the login info to update the account.
- If you create a Google+ account with Gmail, make sure you use that same email to create your other listings and YouTube account. By using the same email address you will prevent dubplicates and increase your SEO value.
- There are a lot of companies and tools that promise quick fixes and cheap services. Make sure you qualify them before hiring. These companies often fail to actually grow your business and are more concerned with the number of clients they have than the number you get.
If you are interested in Local SEO, or have any questions regarding Internet Marketing please contact us right away. The sooner we get started the sooner we can get you more customers.
Why are Google+ Reviews Important for Your Business