We’re all familiar with email marketing, aren’t we? Most of us probably have an inbox that is a little fuller than we would like, and some of you may have given up on cleaning out your inbox entirely because of the sheer amount of emails you get. If you have a negative perception of email marketing and are thinking it isn’t for your business, you may want to think again. You may be surprised by the benefits of email marketing.
Of course we’d all agree that spam is annoying, but have you signed up on a list to receive emails that you are actually excited to read? I know that I have, from marketing blog articles by Seth Godin, to cooking tips, to discount magazine offers. All of this to say, even from my own personal experience I do like to receive emails that aren’t spam, and that I have signed up for.
In case you’re thinking that’s just one person’s opinion, be encouraged. The following stats show that email marketing is important, very successful and probably right for your business.
Here are Some Stats that Show the Benefits of Email Marketing:
ROI (Return on Investment)
Let’s face it, whether or not you decide to use email marketing for your business really comes down to one main thing: is it worth it? You don’t want to spend money and not get more than you spent in return. Fortunately, email marketing has a pretty good track record in this area:
- According to the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing has an ROI of around 4300%.
- For every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return is $44.25 according to ExactTarget (now SalesForce Marketing Cloud).
- In the B2B marketing world, Forrester found that email marketing was the most effective lead nurturing tactic.
How Consumers View Emails
- In 2015 it is estimated that there are 2.6 billion email users worldwide.
- Almost 70% of US internet users prefer to communicate via email with businesses.
- Email is the #1 most popular activity on a smartphone.
- 70% of people say they always open email from their favorite companies.
How Marketers View Emails
- 73% of Marketers say email marketing is core to their business.
- 60% of Marketers say “email is a critical enabler of products and services."
- 74% of Marketers think that “email produces or will produce ROI in the future."
Another Major Email Marketing Benefit: Building Community
All of these statistics show how email marketing can be very effective, and that has been shown through metrics and data. However, one of the greatest benefits of email marketing is the ability to build community around your brand with people who love your products and services. Most businesses know that it is preferable to have long term relationships with repeat customers than to have to constantly acquire new customers through expensive means.
Building a community and nurturing relationships with your brand can go to great lengths to extend your reach and promote what your company provides and values. And email is a great way to engage with that community of interested followers.
For more on our perspective of marketing here at Half a Bubble Out, contact us or download the free eBook below:
Since 2002, Half a Bubble Out has been dedicated to providing marketing, advertising and small business consulting that meet the needs of our clients. We specialize in powerfully telling stories through Inbound Marketing to grow your business filled with more passion and provision. Based in Chico California, we serve clients throughout Northern California and across the country to New York.