When you get a lead that comes to your website what do you do to nurture that relationship? Do you send them emails? Do you call them? Does your sales person keep track of their activity? If you’re not doing at least one of these things you’re missing out on potential leads and valuable customers to help you have a successful small business.
What exactly is lead nurturing anyway?
Lead nurturing is the act of heightening lead engagement to help move leads through the funnel and prepare them for better conversations with your sales team. (HubSpot)
How do you nurture leads?
Well, when most people think of lead nurturing they think either cold calling or emails right? While email is still an effective way for nurturing leads, it’s not the only measure that can be taken, nor should it be. In today’s market you need to have a multi-channel nurturing strategy in place in order to reach leads in more ways than one.
Multi-channel nurturing is the act of communicating with people via a series of targeted marketing messages, delivered across multiple touch points, devices, and platforms. (HubSpot)
Multiple channels where lead nurturing should take place:
- Marketing Automation
- Social Media
- Paid Retargeting
- Dynamic Content
- Sales Enablement Tools
Lead nurturing is vital to pay attention to your lead's lifecycle stage and where they are in the buying process. A lead that is in the awareness phase of just learning about a service or product is going to need different types of lead nurturing than a lead in the consideration phase.
Learn more in this SlideShare Presentation: Multi Channel Lead Nurturing from HubSpot
If you’re still not convinced, check out these statistics. After reading these it should be apparent that your business needs to have lead nurturing tactics in place to be successful!
Posted by HubSpot
- The odds of making contact with a lead increases 100x if called within 5 minutes. (Source: Lead Response Management Study)
- The chances of qualifying a lead are 21x better if called within 5 minutes. (Source: Lead Response Management Study)
- Research shows that 35-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first. (Source: InsideSales.com)
- Only 1 in 50 deals are struck at a first meeting. (Source: The Marketing Donut)
- 63% of people requesting information on your company today will not purchase for at least 3 months - and 20% will take more than 12 months to buy. (Source: The Marketing Donut)
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% lower cost. (Source: Forrester Research)
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (Source: Aberdeen Research)
- 2% of sales are made on the first contact, 3% on the second, 5% on the third, & 10% on the fourth. (Source: The Marketing Donut)
- 80% of sales are made on the 5th to 12th contact after the first meeting. (Source: The Marketing Donut)
- 44% of salespeople give up after 1 follow up. (Source: The Marketing Donut)
- 41% of marketers do not use buyer personas. (Source: 2014 Hubspot & Linkedin Survey)
- Personalised emails improve clickthrough rates by 14% and conversion rates by 10%. (Source: HubSpot)
- 68% of marketers say personalisation based on behavioral data has a high impact on ROI. (Source: HubSpot)
- 74% of marketers say personalisation has a high impact on engagement ... but only 19% do it. (Source: HubSpot)
- 93% of businesses and marketers have profiles on social media. (Source: Beta21)
- On average, companies respond to only 30% of social media fans' feedback. (Source: Social Bakers)
- Approximately 46% of online users rely on social media when making a purchase decision. (Source: Nielsen)
[Continue Reading Original Article: Your Leads Are Annoyed With You: Here's Why [Data]]
Do you want to nurture your leads and just don’t have the time or means to do so? That’s ok! Here at Half a Bubble Out we specialize in inbound marketing and have the skills it takes to nurture leads and make them into more qualified customers. If you are serious about having a successful small business, contact us!